Sustainable Buildings in Denmark and Sweden: Presentation of Market Report
Date: 4th of March 2021
Time: 10.00 - 11.00
Denmark and Sweden are often cited as frontrunners when it comes to adopting sustainable construction methods and materials. What are some of the key developments and challenges in this area? Where are opportunities for Dutch business in the Danish and Swedish sustainable building sector?
In late 2020 the Regional Business Development unit of the Embassies of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Sweden and Denmark, in partnership with FME and Innovation Quarter, commissioned a market study on the sustainable building sector in these countries. Now it is time to present the findings.
10:00 Introduction and background to the market report
10:05 Presentation of findings by Saskia Tegnell of FOG Innovation, author of the report
10:25 Discussion with invited guests who participated in the study,
- Ulla Jansson, senior lecturer at Lund University, working on energy related research with a focus on creating a more circular building industry. Previously employed by Skanska (Sweden);
- Anke Oberender, Manager of the Knowledge Center for Circular Economy in Construction (Denmark), www.VCØB.dk
10:55 Conclusions and next steps
11.00 Possibility for 1:1 meetings
The market study aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the starting points in the sustainable building sector in Sweden and Denmark?
- What topics will be important for the development of sustainability the coming 5 years?
- What are the main challenges within these topics and how could international partners play a part?
- What are the opportunities to set up or intensify cooperation between the countries in (parts of) specific value chains?
- What is good to keep in mind when entering these markets?
Four topics with interesting opportunities for collaboration have been looked at closer in the report. These are:
- Circular and climate neutral buildings, specifically in the areas of reuse, material choices and construction with wood
- Renewable energy systems, specifically in the areas of electricity generation and smart grids and energy saving in renovation
- Well-being in buildings, specifically in the areas of future use of buildings and measuring well-being, and
- Digitalisation for sustainability, specifically in the areas of digitalisation of the construction process and digitalisation of buildings
If you are interested in learning more about the findings from the market study and what it can mean for your business, join us for a one hour presentation with its author, Saskia Tegnell from FOG innovation in Gothenburg.
Please register for these roundtables here. Please note that the roundtables are small and are interactive sessions, and therefore have a limited capacity. Registrations will be dealt with on a first come, first serve basis.
The presentation will take place via the platform ZOOM. You will be sent a link to participate when we get closer to the date.