Sustainable Building in Norway: Presentation of Market Study
Date: 18 May 2021
Is Norway a true pioneer when it comes to sustainable building? What are some of the key developments and challenges in this area? Where are opportunities for Dutch business in the Norwegian sustainable building sector?
In early 2021 the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Norway and its associated Regional Business Development team, in partnership with FME and Innovation Quarter, commissioned a market study on the sustainable building sector in this country to complement an existing study from 2020 on Sweden and Denmark. Now it is time to present the findings.
The market study addresses the following questions:
- What are the starting points in the sustainable building sector in Norway?
- What topics will be important for the development of sustainability the coming 5 years?
- What are the main challenges within these topics and how could international partners play a part?
- What are the opportunities to set up or intensify cooperation between the Netherlands and Norway in (parts of) specific value chains?
- What do you need to consider when entering the market?
The final report takes a closer look at the following topics:
- Circular construction: especially linked to reuse of construction materials and products and waste free construction sites
- Renewable energy: especially the need for energy renovation, technology for low energy buildings and passive housing and micro-grid technology to ensure renewable energy for emission free construction sites.
To learn more about the findings from the market study and what they can mean for your business, join us for a presentation by its author, Saskia Tegnell from FOG innovation in Gothenburg and a conversation with invited experts from both Norway and the Netherlands.
10.00 Introduction and background to study
10.05 Presentation of findings by FOG innovation
11.00 Reflections lead by Dutch company Strukton
11.15 Working with Norwegian companies. What are Norwegian partners looking for in the area of sustainable building? Q&A discussion with participants
11.25 Conclusions and next steps
The presentation will take place using Zoom. Once you have registered, you will be sent a link to participate closer to the date.