Investor Readiness Program (IRP)
Starting an innovative business is a risky business. Various studies show that most startups fail to grow into a healthy company. This high failure rate is often due to the fact that (i) there appears to be no demand for a product or service and/or (ii) financial resources are running out and it is not possible to attract new financing in time (source: CB Insights).
Through the Investor Readiness Program (‘IRP’) we want to give impactful sustainable innovations the opportunity to increase their chance of success in building a healthy company. The program is designed in such a way that you gain insight into how your company can grow successfully, conduct the necessary validation and learn how potential investors view your business case.
What can you expect from us?
- A step-by-step method, in which we train you to get started at the right time and in the right way with your vision, customer, product, business model, team and funding.
- A weekly plenary theory session (~3 hours a week), mixed between online and at location (see ‘planning’), in which you receive feedback from the trainers, supervisors and other participants.
- Practical assignments (a lot of conversations with potential customers) in preparation and completion of each module, in which you collect the required validation.
- Valuable one-on-one guidance (~1 hour a week) with a business developer or investment manager from InnovationQuarter or a coach from one of our regional partners.
- The IRP is a proven instrument within the regional development agencies (‘ROMs’) to strengthen companies and increase their chances of success in obtaining financing. Approximately 90% of all participants who have collected sufficient evidence during the IRP and submit a funding application within three months after the end of the program (approximately 50% of participants) are awarded funding.
- The program helps you to focus and to spend your time and money on the right activities. In this way you purposefully reach your next milestone or life phase, before the money runs out. If you successfully complete the program, you will have validated, among other things, who your customer is, which problem you solve for him/her and which revenue model is most suitable for your company.
- Participation in an IRP via InnovationQuarter is free for companies. Selection does take place and a serious commitment is required in terms of time and involvement (assume 20 hours a week). You follow the program together with other companies. You learn from each other and from each other's approach, successes and mistakes.
Profile of participants
- Startup or innovative SME, located in the province of South Holland
- Innovation with economic and social impact, preferably also on the regional ecosystem
- Clear picture of the first market and customer segment and the availability of contacts to conduct ~50 customer conversations
- Already talking to potential customers and about to enter the market or already some (pilot) customers
- Is looking for a first or second financing, but still has a runway of at least 6 months
- Founder/(co-)founder or CEO of the company with sufficient time, enthusiasm and open to feedback
What we expect from you
- We ask for an effort of at least 0.5 FTE per participant during the ten weeks that the program runs. This means that an average of 20 hours per week is required from your company.
- Attendance at the weekly group sessions (for ten weeks on Thursday morning), including completion of the associated assignments.
- March 8: Information session
- March 15: Deadline for registration
- April 13: Start program
Note: there is room for 12 participants during an IRP. Selection will take place during the registration period. Once the maximum number of participants has been reached, registration will be closed.
During the Investor Readiness Program we give you insight into how potential investors look at a business case. The sessions in weeks 1, 5 and 10 take place live on location, the other weeks the program is online. You collect evidence that shows that you have a clear picture of the customer problem (customer), your solution is the best solution for the customer (product), you have the prospect of a profitable business model (business model) and your team members perform activities that are focused on realizing the milestones associated with the life phase in which your startup is active (team). If you collect sufficient evidence during the first seven weeks of the program, you will conclude the program with a substantiated application for funding (money).
Need more info?
For more information, please contact: