Start: 16:00 hrs
- Moderated by: Jacqueline Spuijbroek (EU-representative Province of Zuid-Holland)
- Jeannette Baljeu (Regional minister for European Affairs and Industry, Province of Zuid-Holland) welcomes the speakers and participants. She explains why Zuid-Holland is an important hydrogen hub and focusses on the importance of hydrogen for the region.
- DG ENER (t.b.c.) focuses on the importance of hydrogen in Europe’s Energy System Integration and Green Transition and what role they see for the harbour and industrial complex in Rotterdam.
- MEP Bart Groothuis (Shadow Rapporteur on the European Hydrogen Strategy) explains what he has done to amend hydrogen policy and the importance and attention for hydrogen hubs.
- Paulien Herder (Chairwoman of the Energy Task Force, Economic Board Zuid-Holland) elaborates on the unique position Zuid-Holland has due to three strong knowledge institutions in the region (Delft, Leiden and Rotterdam). She will zoom in on the development of hydrogen using knowledge and pilot projects.
- Nico van Dooren (Director Port of Rotterdam) will focus on the hydrogen value chain. He will address the issues that are important to make the hydrogen economy and the port thrive as a European hydrogen hub, also in terms of finance and project conditions.
- Marcel Galjee (Vice-president to Nobian, a Nouryon company) will explain the role of businesses in the energy transition concerning supply, demand and infrastructure needed for hydrogen.
- Herald Ruijters (Director DG MOVE) will tell us more about the importance of infrastructure and transport in the energy transition and the connection between energy and transport.
- Bart Biebuyck (Director FCH-JU) will officially launch Zuid-Holland as new Hydrogen Valley and will elaborate on the importance of hydrogen projects.
END: 17:30 hrs